Honey Crystal Cookies
Honey crystal cookies are sweet and tender and have nice crisp edges.
Honey Crystal cookies are delicious and look great whether you sprinkle them with Honey Crystals, cinnamon or frost them with icing.
This recipe is a healthy alternative to the the traditional sugar cookies recipe because you replace sugar with Honey Crystals, a natural sweetener. This natural honey flavored sweetener is also organic and adds a taste of honey to the cookies.
Sugar cookies are an American favorite and are traditional during the Christmas season, but can be enjoyed throughout the year.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Mama Healthy® Honey Crystals
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and Honey Crystals until they are smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll the dough into balls, and place them onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle the cookies with Honey Crystals.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the cookies stand on the cookie sheets for about two minutes.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheets and placing them on wire racks unitl they are completely cool.