Honey Chicken with Orange and Pineapple Sauce
This recipe makes a delicious finger food that can impress guests, just place the honey chicken on wooden sticks (see optional ingredients).
- 6 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 2 cups of honey
- 1/4 cup of Mama Healthy® Honey Crystals
- 2 cups of crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup of pineapple juice
- 4 medium oranges (peeled, cut in half)
- Orange peels (optional)
- Pineapple cubes(optional)
- Wooden sticks (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thoroughly wash chicken breasts and add salt.
- Place the salted chicken breasts in a large baking dish and set them aside.
- To make the sauce, combine the honey crystals, crushed pineapple, honey and the pineapple juice.
- The sauce should have a thick consistency.
- Coat the chicken with the sauce, evenly coating the entire front side of the chicken breast. Squeeze oranges so that the juice covers the chicken and thins the sauce.
- Place orange peels around the chicken breasts for a stronger hint of orange taste.
- Bake the chicken at 350°F for 45 minutes or until it is golden brown and the center is white.
- Cut the chicken breasts into pieces.
- Insert the honey chicken pieces and pineapple cubes on wood sticks.